Krater is a squad based roleplaying game set in a colorful post-apocalyptic world. It combines the combat mechanics of action-rpgs with the top-down view of the classic old-school RPG and RTS games.
The game brings you far into the future of a post-apocalyptic Sweden. Once home to IKEA, Vikings and Minecraft, today its primitive inhabitants scavenge the broken overgrown world for technological artifacts.
At the rim of an impact site known as the Krater, three factions vie for control over the wound opening up into the world below. Consisting of an endless series of caves and tunnels filled with old world treasures and perils, the Underside stretches into the depths of the fallen Swedish civilization.
You arrive at the Krater with your team of freelancers to take part in the goldrush where people come back rich or don’t come back at all.
- Unlimited Adventure - no matter how deep you crawl, there is always more to explore in an open game world where randomized dungeons and events are combined with more than 60 thoroughly designed locations and 200+ quests in order to create a vast gaming experience. Locations range from small settlements with a handful of struggling inhabitants to large urban areas like Solside City, a sprawling regional HUB where you’ll find all sorts of NPCs and services.
- Uniquely Persistent Characters - watch your team of odd personalities evolve as they level up and gain new abilities, stat increases and equipment, but also...
- Face the Consequences - your characters must cope with the dangers of Krater - if not they will face the threat of permanent injuries or even death.
- Craft Everything - from items, weapons, and gear to the abilities and powers of your characters, you can craft it all with an extensive crafting system.
- Co-op - Seamless blending of coop and singleplayer - use your characters to explore an open-ended game world in single player, either by following the main story campaign or just free-roaming the Krater (or a mix of both). You can at any time have your team join up with a friend to take on one of the challenging co-op dungeons. All the loot earned and progress made is kept regardless of game mode. And yes, your grinding efforts will be kept for the coming PvP expansion as well!
- Living title - the game comes from a long test phase with weekly updates of the Steam build that has improved gameplay, added content or new features. This will continue even after release and you can expect free expansions that add or expand on game mechanics, locations, player characters and enemies.
- Visual appearance: The game uses the DX11 API (but it also support DX10 hardware) to be able to use beautiful and varied environment and character art. The enemy units are not all simple texture variations on the same model, but sport unique meshes, animation sets and effects to a large extent.
© Fatshark AB. 2012. All Rights Reserved.