A Sci-Fi action adventure in which you unravel the mystery uncovered by a remote interplanetary mining operation. What did they find? What threat does it pose? And ultimately, what does it truly mean to be a hero?
- Side scrolling action combined with adventure style puzzles.
- A large world to explore with an intriguing story and an unusual, thought-provoking ending.
- Hand drawn pixel art for a classic Amiga/16-bit era look.
- Features optional CRT screen simulation effect for a more authentic look on modern LCD monitors.
- Available DRM-free for Windows, Mac and Linux.
...creates a style, and atmosphere, that is much its own.
Inescapable...made me confront my own mortality as a gamer and a reviewer.
...as with the rest of the game, these snippets and bits of writing are ultimately a tool – rather expertly utilized by Fielding – for creating an illusion, or a sense, of place – and at the very end of the game, a very specific mental space that the game ultimately, laudably, inhabits.
Inescapable hits all the right notes...
I found the ending quite moving. A thoughtful critique smartly grounded in its simplicity, Fielding found the perfect way to cap off your soldier’s exploits.
...overall Inescapable is a polished and engaging experience that is a worthy tribute to the games that inspired its creation.
- James Monkman, RGCD