The Gold Rush Special Edition consists of the following additional items:
- Historical map of the three routes
- Over 90 unpublished original concept drawings of the developer from the 80s, as png
- Booklet with unpublished original concept drawings of the developer from the 80s, as pdf
- Making-of booklet, as pdf
- Gold Rush! Classic version
26 years ago, the world of ‘Point & Click’ adventure games was changed forever with the launch of ‘Gold Rush!’- one of the most comprehensive adventure games of the ‘80s.
Now, this fondly remembered game has been completely re-developed from the ground up, for a new generation of PC gamers to enjoy. Experience for the first time the game with high-resolution graphics, speech synthesis, a superb sound track, modern user interface features and optimized game-flow to enhance the gameplay and interactions with other in-game characters.
‘Gold Rush Anniversary!’ takes you back to the year 1849, when gold was discovered in California - one of the most exciting times in American history. Experience life as Jerrod Wilson, one of the tens of thousands American gold seekers (49 ‘er’s) as he travels on one of three possible routes from New York to the West and towards possible riches.
Whichever route you decide to take, you will see many historical sights. Go overland across the Great Plains and huge mountain ranges; sail to the Atlantic side of the Isthmus of Panama, take canoes and mules for a week through the jungle and then on the Pacific side and a ship sailing for San Francisco; or sail from New York to San Francisco via the Cape Horn on the tip of South America. If you survive and arrive at Sutter’s Fort, the adventure is still only half over! Many other puzzles remain to be solved before you achieve your goals in California.
- Over 130 pre-rendered images and animated cut-scenes all in full HD
- Three different routes to the West - 3 adventures in one game
- All new high quality voiceovers and re-recorded music
- Optimized game-flow minimizing dead-ends and random perils
- Two control mechanisms – the original parser controls plus an all new intelligent Point & Click control
- Historical map of the three in-game routes
- Over 90 previously unpublished original concept drawings from the developer of the 80s classic original